Don't understand legal talk?
Here’s what you should know in layman terms.
Thanks for working with us! Here we describe how we collect, use, and handle your information when you use our websites, software, and services (‘Services’).
We at Zap Resume OOD, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal data (as described in this policy) is processed fairly and lawfully in line with all relevant privacy legislation.
Should you have any further questions about the data we collect, feel free to send us an email: [email protected]
As a career development services business, we collect, use, store and transfer the following information to provide, improve, and protect our Services:
- Personal information you provide when you register to use the website, subscribe to our Service, search for opportunities, enter a promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with the website. The personal information you give us may include your name, address, username and password, e-mail address, payment information (including bank account and payment card details), any information you have included on your CV or resume and feedback and survey responses;
- Technical data such as your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, the web page you visited before visiting our sites, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- Usage data which tells us how you use our website, products and services;
- Marketing and communication data which tells us your preference in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences; and
- Sensitive personal data such as your race or ethnicity, your political opinions, religious beliefs, membership in a trade union, physical or mental health condition, sexual orientation, or criminal offenses. Please note that we do not ask for any sensitive personal information and request that you omit any such information from your CV or resume prior to submitting it to us.
How we use your data
- Services. Our Services are designed to make it simple and easy for you to acquire career development products (resumes and CVs LinkedIn accounts, interview preparation services, etc.) To make that possible, we store, use and transmit your data to internal staff and third-party service providers to enable us to register new customers, process payments and deliver our Services.
- Usage. We also use your data, especially usage data, technical data, and data on how you use our Services, including the actions you take in your account (such as site visits, page interaction information, and search history), to evaluate and improve our Services.
- Marketing. We also use your data to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (i.e. e-mail) with information about goods and services which are similar to those that have been promoted to you in the past. We will contact you by electronic means only if you have provided your consent for such communication. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, select the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any e-mail communication from us.
Sharing your data
We may share information as discussed below, but we won’t sell it to advertisers or third parties.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties for purposes that are materially different than what it was originally collected for. Should this change in the future, we will provide individuals with the option to opt-out.
We remain liable should a trusted third party to whom we’ve sent your information processes it in a manner inconsistent with this Policy, unless the organization proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Your rights – individuals in the European Union
If you are an individual in the European Union, you have the right to access, correct, restrict, or erase your personal information stored on our platform at any time. You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at [email protected]. Your rights include the following:
- Accessing your data. Upon request, we shall provide any information relating to your data and our processing of your data in a concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible form using clear and plain language. The information shall be provided in writing or by other means, including, where appropriate, by electronic means within 30 days of a written request.
- Correcting your data. You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data on our platform. If we have given your personal data to any third parties, we will notify those third parties that the Company has received a request to rectify your personal data, unless doing so proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Those third parties should also rectify the personal data they hold – however, we are not in a position to audit those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred.
- Erasing your data. You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data on our platform. If we have given your personal data to any third parties, we will notify those third parties that the Company has received a request to rectify your personal data, unless doing so proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Those third parties should also rectify the personal data they hold – however, we are not in a position to audit those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred.
If we have given your personal data to any third parties, we will tell those third parties that the Company has received a request to erase your personal data, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. Those third parties should also rectify the personal data they hold – however, the Company will not be in a position to audit those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred.
- Restricting the use of your data. We only process your personal data where we have the legal basis for doing so. You have the right to ask us to suspend or otherwise restrict the processing of your personal data where:
- You challenge the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you want us to hold it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- You have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have legitimate grounds to use it.
- If we have given the personal data to any third parties, we will tell those third parties that we have received a request to restrict the use of your personal data, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. Those third parties should also rectify the personal data they hold – however, we will not be in a position to audit those third parties to ensure that the rectification has occurred.
- Withdrawing your consent. Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data (for example consent to receive marketing) you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Your rights - individuals outside the European Union
Accessing Account Information. We will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by contacting us by sending an email to our support attendant – [email protected].
A Record of Data Transfer. TopResume will provide the right to request and receive, once a year and free of charge, information about third parties to whom we have disclosed certain types of personal information (if any) about you for our direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]. and please include the phrase “Personal Information Privacy Request” in the subject line, the domain name of the website you are inquiring about, along with your name, address and email address. At our option, we may respond to such requests by providing instructions about how our users can exercise their options to prevent our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Where we store and transfer your data
We have customers all over the world but to provide you with services, we store, use and transmit information only in the United States and the European Economic Area (EEA).
In relation to personal data of individuals in the European Union, we may share your personal data within the Company. This may involve transferring your data outside the EEA. We may also share your data with trusted third parties who assist us in providing, improving, protecting and promoting our Services and this may also involve transferring your data outside the EEA.